Wednesday, February 09, 2011

A Potty-Trained Little Boy and a Bad Blogging Mama

I've been meaning to blog since December about how my Landry man is finally potty trained. Of course, I wanted to also include some cute pics of him in his undies...but that just hasn't happened. Living with my parents and having the computer reside in the same room where my kids sleep equals almost zero time for me to blog or download pics. I really need to start using a laptop. Regardless, let me back up and brag on my Lan-man (as Erin calls him) for a few minutes. I knew getting started that potty training a boy was not going to be fun. Potty training Addison was a walk in the park and I was not sure I was ready for the challenge and frustration of potty training the opposite sex. The first few weeks I was sure that he was NOT ready. He was scared of the potty, seemed to have no interest, had one accident after another, yet my mother insisted that we stay the course. She kept saying that eventually he'd get tired of having accidents on himself, especially since he has eczema and the urine would burn his rashy legs something fierce. After a special potty seat that made him feel safer and some Thomas the train undies, his interest level piqued just a bit. He started using the bathroom at home, but wouldn't use it anywhere else. Yet another hurdle to cross. With Christmas coming up and a motorized four-wheeler on his wish list, we kept telling him that Santa only gave four-wheelers to big boys. By Christmas, we had ourselves a potty-trained little boy who was super excited on Christmas morning to wake up and find a red four wheeler and a mama that is so happy not to be changing diapers!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Go Lan Man!!!!