Tuesday, February 07, 2006

GRITS...my new best friend

I've recently discovered that toast and grits are my best friend in the morning. I'm still battling nausea and vomiting, but I feel so much better if I eat a bowl of grits with a little butter and salt for breakfast. I guess the grits expand in my stomach and help to absorb some of those yucky gastric juices. I've also discovered that there are certain things that turn my stomach completely. I ordered a chicken sandwich from Oby's in Jackson the other night and I couldn't eat it by the time it came to the table. Just looking at the chicken made me sick. I don't do this with all chicken, but this particular chicken didn't look appealing to me. I do, however, love pickles right now. Something about that sour, salty juice also helps the nausea. Colin was embarrassed the other night because I bought a huge jar of them at the grocery store. I also bought ice cream and dill pickle chips that same day, so I'm sure people knew that I was pregnant! My mouth starts watering as soon as I open the pickle jar to get one out. It's so funny how every woman craves different things during pregnancy. Unfortunately, other than grits and pickles, I'm having a hard time finding anything that I want to eat. I guess I can blame the nausea for that. I'll be nine weeks this weekend, so the weeks are rolling right along. My sister-in-law, Carrie, is being induced on Thursday, so we should have a new baby boy in the family by the weekend. Please keep her in your prayers for a safe delivery.

No comments: