Yesterday, I finally got to meet my email pen pal of sorts, Mrs. Barbie Bassett. Although we have never met, I felt like I already knew her and she was just as sweet and genuine in person as she is through our conversations. Back in 2008 when I was on bed rest for four months with Landry (she was also pregnant with Lilly Faith during that time), I began reading Barbie's blog and then sent her a simple email after one of her posts. She responded and we soon discovered that we both use the same Ob-gyn. We emailed back and forth quite frequently during my months of bed rest comparing pregnancy symptoms and just general words of encouragement. It was always nice to get a message from her. We've kept in touch since then, but I've never had the opportunity to meet her in person until yesterday at her book signing in downtown Vicksburg. It's always great to see a friend....even if it's for the first time.
1 comment:
Great picture! I'm glad you two finally connected in person. She's super sweet.
Post a Comment