
So, Colin says I've been a blog slacker. Hmmm....I wonder why! I had a huge event at work on the 29th that I've been preparing the past several months for, spent the weekend at the lake for my last hurrah this summer, and then had surgery first thing Tuesday morning. I'd like to say that I've been a little pre-occupied. We had a great 4th of July weekend at the lake with friends. Let me just say ten kids in one house can make things very interesting. We spent a lot of time out on the water and went back and forth between the house that we rented and the Grey's house. We enjoyed fabulous food, great company and an awesome fireworks show...and my baby girl had her first tubing experience and never batted an eye. She loved it. Of course, I had no doubt that she would since she's such a daredevil.
With all that fun behind us, I've been forced now to focus on recovering from surgery for the next few weeks. I plan to be off work until August 4th, although I plan to telework from home next week when I can start sitting up more. For now, I'm supposed to be in the bed the majority of the day on my back. My hubby has been awesome. I have to admit that he's taken care of everything I need...emptying my drains, bringing me my meds, refilling my water jug, etc. I don't know what I would do without him. My mom and dad have also been great... mostly helping with my kiddos, which takes a huge burden off of me! Mama helped me get a shower yesterday, which wasn't the best experience. Plastic surgery isn't always pretty for the first couple of weeks after and mama unfortunately had to take all my bandages off and re-apply everything. I got rather queasy, but she did pretty well. I hope to get my drains out Tuesday and I should be feeling much better after that. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I truly have some wonderful friends!
3 comments:
Get well soon!
Oh I do hope you have a speedy recovery. At least you got to have some fun at the lake before the surgery. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Addison looks like she knows what she's doing. My niece Kerigan also went tubing this past weekend for the first time. She loved it!
If you talk to Katie F, tell her I left her a baby gift at the lake house (by the door on a table). Hopefully it didn't get rained on.
I am so glad that the surgery is behind you. I hope that you are feeling better every day. Take it easy!
Post a Comment