Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Burned by Lady Luck
I try to stay positive for the most part and not let things get me down, because I truly believe things like "no one has the right to ruin your day without your permission" and things of that sort. However, since this is my blog..I just have to vent for a second and say, what is the deal, lady luck?? I guess for every piece of good luck you have, karma follows it with a roll or two of bad luck. Let me explain. We sold our house really quickly...we'll call that really good luck. Home inspection goes fairly well and appraisal does also. Then comes termite inspection. Apparently, termites are really bad in Mississippi and we had a few rogue termites (no damage, however), so we have to pay a hefty fee for termite treatment. The same exact day, we were told that we have to have our treatment plant pumped and replaced with a land discharge system because state law has recently changed requiring seven acres of land or more for the type of system we have. The change of ownership requires us to pay $2,000 to put a new system in. I know that it's just money, but here's the kicker...when we sold our last house we had to pay $2,000 to put a new treatment plant in because the system was caving in and the laws had just changed at that time requiring a clean certification of the system. Getting the system certified was a nightmare...one I wish to never repeat again. I'm talking two weeks of dealing with the health department, plumbers, and the realtor. I'm pretty sure I developed a stomach ulcer from that incident and I swore I never wanted to deal with anything like that again. Fast forward five years...what are the chances that state law would change again and require us to replace yet another system? I mean, really??? Maybe I need to go buy a lottery ticket. I'm due some good luck soon, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ugh, Sara, I'm sorry! Hopefully things will get better soon. Good luck is headed your way, I'm sure!
YES, you are due for good luck!
Good grief! Sounds like some law makers can't make up their minds!
You definitely need some smoother sailing!
Post a Comment