Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Multitude of Decisions

In addition to the changes that we've made recently in giving up our personal space while we build and moving in with my parents, now comes the flurry of decisions. When will be start the dirt work on the lot, do we want to hire a contractor or sub everything out ourselves, and let's not even mention the house plans. There are a million questions that go along with the house plans....where do you want this window, is the fireplace okay on this wall, is this bedroom large enough, does this bathroom have enough counter space? My brain hurts...literally. Luckily, there is HGTV...and I've watched enough of it lately where I'm convinced I can float our own sheetrock and set a toilet. Okay, maybe not, but it's nice to have faith in yourself, right?

3 comments:

Taylor & Krisa said...

You are one of the most capable people I know so I have full faith that you will knock this house-building thing out!

Carrie said...

Don't let it stress you too bad. I let out contractor/builder make a lot of decisions for me when my brain hurt--mainly bc we trusted him to make good decisions and I had seen his house--and it worked out great! Then after awhile, he learned what we liked and would tell us "you're not gonna like that" (talking about my kitchen cabinets)...
Take one thing at a time and one day at a time. Or you'll get overwhelmed. Seriously just have fun when you can.

MH said...

Out of everyone I know, I'd vote you the best at this kind of stuff. I'm sure your house is going to be perfect and we'll all be jealous!