Saturday, April 30, 2011

Countdown to a Mother's Day Getaway

In just six days, Colin and I are taking the kids to the Grand Marriott resort in Alabama for a weekend getaway. (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ptlal-grand-hotel-marriott-resort-golf-club-and-spa/) We plan to work on our tans, splash in the water, squeal as we go down the twisty water slide, be lazy in the lazy river, play in the sand on the Mobile Bay waterfront, jump on beds (the kids only, of course) and order dessert with every meal. Besides, what else are mini vacays for? Hopefully, when we get back, we'll just have a couple more weeks to wait on our house plans. Who knew house plans could take sooooo long! Once we get our plans, I hope it will be full speed ahead. "Hope" is the operative word, of course. I'm going to try not to think too much about it when I'm floating down the lazy river. :)

No comments: