Tuesday, May 08, 2012

We are Weak...but He is Strong!


We all learn the words to Jesus Loves Me when we are little, but do we ever really let it sink in? We are weak (and that's okay), because HE IS STRONG! I've learned a whole lot about myself in the past few weeks. Some of it good and some of it not so good, but the most important things I've learned is that I'm still a work in progress, no matter how heavy the load-- I don't have the carry it alone because he is STRONG, and finally, it's amazing how truly unconditionally you love your children. No one ever prepares you for the pain that you feel when they hurt...how you'd give anything to take that hurt away! A lot of people know that I have OCD. I'm not one of those wash your hands a million times a day people, but I have to have everything in it's place, clean, orderly etc. I can't function well when you take away my order. In addition to that, my brain never stops. It goes 100 miles per hour all day long...even at night. I realized the other night that even when I'm trying to go to sleep, I'm making lists in my head. Do you realize how exhausting that is? My OCD has come a long way over the years thanks to meds, children and prayer, but honestly, when you push the limits too much as in make me live with my parents for 17 months and take away my personal, orderly space-- I start to feel like I need a straight jacket. So, why is this relevant? Due to some things that have been thrown my way since we moved in the house, I still have pictures stacked against the wall, curtains that need to be hung and a garage full of odds and ends. I've had to slowly let it go and tell myself that it's okay....it's not going to get done overnight and the world isn't going to come to an end. And so far, it hasn't! :)

No comments: