Monday, December 03, 2012

Whirlwind

Holly Loper--this is for you! :) I decided to post just so I wouldn't have Happy Halloween across the top anymore. To say that our life has been full speed ahead lately is an understatement. We've literally had something scheduled every single day/night and I don't see any reprieve on the horizon. I'm the world's worst at saying "no," because I feel super guilty. It has always been hard to balance everything and then you throw in my new lifestyle adjustment as a single mom and things become quite demanding. Amid my tears at church yesterday, a precious lady told me "don't focus on this week, tomorrow or even this afternoon. Just focus on one hour at a time."  She then shared this with me:

I was regretting the past and fearing the future. Suddenly, my Lord was speaking. "My Name is I am." 

He paused. I waited. He continued. "When you live in the past with its mistakes and regrets, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I was."

When you live in the future, with it's problems and fears, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not, I will be. 

When you live in this moment, it is not hard. I am here. My name is 'I am.'"

4 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful post!

Holly said...

Glad to see an update, but you should have told me "NO"! You kind of have a lot more going on than blogging! None the less, great post!

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
parkerman said...

I love the "I am" story. What an awesome reminder for all of us. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!