Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Break Fun

Even though I've had to work this week while the kids are off for Spring Break, we've still tried to squeeze in a little fun.  Allergies have been getting the best of me, so it's been hard to see them sleeping in while I'm up getting dressed and not climb back in the bed with them. Sunday afternoon, we decided to go see Oz despite the rain. The kids enjoyed it even though a few parts scared Landry. Afterwards, I let them pick where they wanted to go eat and Addison picked Mint. They enjoyed the fanciness of the oversized booths and fabulous decor. I'm just thankful that it wasn't that crowded as they crawled under the table and stood in the booths. Fortunately, the couple in the booth beside us had a toddler girl and she followed suit. Nana and Papa were nice enough to take them to Chuck-E-Cheese, Flowood Park and the Delta Safari Park this week as well.  Addison has even gotten the chance to do a little cooking. She wanted to make homemade pizza for us last night (clarification--just for me and her as Landry is the only child I know that doesn't like pizza). I walked her through as she mixed the yeast and help spread it out. She spread the pizza sauce and the cheese and then I added some toppings just to my side---perfect compromise. It was super yummy and not bad for her doing most of the work herself.

Hope everyone has had a fabulous Spring Break! I still think working people deserve Spring Break also!


No comments: