I think I've mentioned before that writing has always been an outlet for me. Years ago, I kept a gratitude journal and a prayer journal and slowly got out of the habit. As I've been trying to discover lately what my new "normal" is, learn from past mistakes, and just focus on my walk with God and being a good mom...I can honestly say that revisiting the prayer/gratitude journal has been such a blessing. I'm trying to remember that spring is all about renewal and new life and that is very fitting for me right now. When I find myself complaining, I can recall some of the things I've written in my gratitude journal and I realize the attitude isn't necessary. When I find myself worried, I can look at all the answered prayers and I am reminded of God's faithfulness and how important it is to stay in HIS presence constantly.
I'm not going to say that being a single mom is fun. To be quite honest, it stinks. And, to those who have husbands that work constantly or strange hours...I know you are in the same boat. The evenings are the worst. I'm trying to help one child with homework while the other one is asking for me to turn the television on, help him go to the bathroom, look for his favorite toy that I supposedly lost, fix a bike, take his shoes off, get a snack, etc. This is all while I'm trying to cook dinner, throw clothes in the washing machine, unload the dishwasher, get pajamas ready, sign folders, put money in envelopes for school, pack lunches, take the garbage down the hill and the list goes on. I am absolutely exhausted by the time they are ready for bed. But then-- something magical happens..I grab several of my devotionals from my bedside table and my Bible app and I get some renewed strength before bedtime. It's amazing how HE speaks to me in a way that seems like it's only for me. In the morning, I try to do the same thing and it certainly makes a big difference in what direction my day goes. It doesn't matter how much we read scripture, we still tend to have moments of weakness where everything we read or learned goes straight out the window---we're human! That's why HIS mercy is so great. I'm so thankful that God gives us the spring to remind us of HIS love for us, HIS resurrection and how we need him constantly.

No comments:
Post a Comment