Friday, April 26, 2013

Lonely But Not Alone; Bended But Not Broken

Although I've had a lot hit me at once lately, I want to clarify that I'm not complaining. In fact, I feel more loved by my Heavenly Father than ever before. While it's not ideal to have to deal with sickness, test results, divorce, etc; we all have seasons in our life where we must weather the storms. I will be completely honest and admit that after you've been with someone for nearly 15 years and suddenly the house is empty on the weekends when your kids are gone, it's lonely. Like really lonely!  I know some of you overloaded mothers out there are probably yelling at the computer screen right now asking if I'm crazy and wishing you just had 15 minutes of peace and quiet. I was the same way before I became a single mom. But, let me tell you...quiet is not all it's cracked up to be. The loneliness can overwhelm you at times. I'd love to start dating again and have someone to fill that void, but God has been showing me that I am really not alone. He is my friend and my guide and He promises to meet all my needs. I've love to eventually marry again, but through this lonely time, I am learning that God is for me. Being a single mom is difficult on so many levels--especially when things are out of your control. The hardest part though is that you no longer have the second part of your team...no good cop to your bad cop--- no one to step in and pick up the slack when you are having an off day or you have a big project at work. Regardless of all that, God is showing me that I can come to him with my insecurities, my sorrow, my concerns and my failures and gives me the promises of better days. Besides, this is just practice for eternity....and practice makes perfect. Well..almost..

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You can surely come to my house if you feel the need for some noise on one of your days alone! ;) Still praying for you, sweet friend. After I blogged yesterday, I asked myself why I was complaining about sleep...when some people have so much more on their plate. Guess I need to reword. I feel like I've had a newborn for almost 10 months now though, who is still not in a schedule really. anyway, I hope things get better for you soon. When things are out of your control, all you can do is pray and talk to God. It doesn't take it away, but He certainly can give you peace about it. Love you!