Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Taking a Break..

My last IUI was again a bust. We really thought this one was going to work. It's hard to understand why the first IUI worked and the past four have failed. Everything seems to be working together perfectly---I'm responding well to the medication, I'm producing eggs, sperm count is always really good on the day of our treatments, etc. We just can't quite figure it out. My doctor seems very hopeful and is willing to let me continue with additionals IUIs. However, Colin and I have decided to take a break from treatments until after Christmas. I'm completely worn out from driving to Jackson every two weeks and just a little tired of being poked by doctors and nurses all the time. I feel like we spend most of our life in the waiting room for another appointment. It can certainly wear on you after a while, but I'm not giving up. I am determined to make it through this and to beat this infertility curse. I know that God has a plan for me and Colin and that he will reveal it in his time. Since I won't have any more treatment updates until after Christmas, I'll be sure to post some things from the holidays. Who knows---this break might be just the ticket to getting pregnant!

No comments: