Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy, Happy Birthday

Today is Colin's sister's 34th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEENIE! We all met at Logan's Roadhouse on Lakeland last night to celebrate. There were 19 of us, so things were a little chaotic with seven children running around. Nonetheless, we had a good time and enjoyed each other's company. The service was good considering the size of our party and the food was tasty! The only downside was that I managed to fall in a hole in the parking lot at Pier 1 prior to dinner. Apparently, they had this huge hole in the asphalt (right next to handicap parking I might add)that they tried to repave. Once they repaved it, it made this huge bump in the parking lot with a dip in it. As I was getting in the car, the heel of my shoe hit the sunken part just right and I ate asphalt. My hip and leg are killing me today. I e-mailed their corporate office to let them know that someone could really get hurt, so hopefully they will correct the problem soon. In the meantime, I guess I'll be on the heating pad tonight and also visiting the chiropractor and see what I've done to my hip. I've discovered from this misfortunate accident that I'm no spring chicken anymore. Getting old stinks!

No comments: