Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Leach family gets a little bigger

Well, we have some new residents in the Leach home...babies even...or should I say puppies! Colin has been wanting a dog forever and he found out Monday night that one of our neighbors had seven new lab puppies. Our neighbor said he could have one or two, so Colin went to get two of them yesterday. They are 8 weeks old (born on Halloween night). We named the yellow one Chloe and the black one Cooper. They are absolutely precious. I just wish that they would stay little forever. We have them in the garage for now until we can get a fence up. Colin has been gagging as he scoops up their poop from the garage. I just have to laugh, because it's just like he's a first-time dad changing a diaper. He's also concerned about training them and he's worried that he won't train them properly...sounds just like parenting! It seems that they are going to be a handful..at least until they get a bit older. I think that this is just what we needed while we wait for the Lord to answer our prayer for a child. In fact, I've decided that I'm going to stop letting infertility rule my life and do all the things that I've been putting on hold for so long. I'm going to paint my front two bedrooms in the house and do a little redecorating. I may even hold off the fertility treatments another month. I didn't realize how bad that fertility drugs made me feel until I stopped taking them. I feel great for the first time in a year. I've posted some photos of the new babies so that everyone can see. Colin said if we get pregnant with twins that each child will have his or her own dog now. HA! The new Leach family of four wish you all a very Happy New Year!


No comments: