Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Happy New Year!
Another year has come and gone. Man, time sure does fly when you get older! The passing of 2005 means that Colin and I have been trying to have a baby for 27 months now. We are hopeful that 2006 will bring a new blessing to our family. In the meantime, we have vowed to enjoy each other, enjoy our family and our new dogs, and to fill our time with things that we've been putting on hold for so long. We had a simple New Year's Eve this year. We went to Flora and shot fireworks with family and then sat around the bonfire visiting with each other. We were home by 10 and I was in bed by 11. HA! I just couldn't stay up long enough to ring in the New Year. We also kicked off 2006 with a couple home improvement projects. We painted one of our extra bedrooms a pretty blue color called "Bayou." It's amazing the difference some color on the walls can make! I also started painting a dresser, but I've got to finish that up this week. Our next move is to put white beadboard up in our other guest room and paint the rest a sage color. At least if 2006 does bring a baby, we'll be ready! No more painting required! We've had several visitors over the past few days. Our friends and family have been anxious to see the new additions to the family and we've been proud to show them off. Happy 2006 to everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment