Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nausea is in full force..

I've had just the slightest bit of nausea since I found out that I was pregnant, but today the nausea fairies decided to come out in full force. I felt really ill in the shower this morning. I thought it would pass, but when I bent over to pick up clothes off the bathroom floor---I had to run to the toilet! Fortunately, ginger ale and goldfish snacks have become my best friend! I felt much better after eating breakfast and snacking on a few things mid-morning. Of course, it's lunch time now, so my stomach is growling and the nausea is returning. Despite the nausea, I've been feeling great and I can't complain too much. I actually feel relieved when I have nausea, because it lets me know that I'm still pregnant and everything is okay. When I don't have any symptoms, I start to worry...so if nausea keeps me from worrying....bring it on! I'm counting down the days until my first appointment. Can't wait to hear the baby's heartbeat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope the nausea won't be too bad. I'm so happy for ya'll!

Anonymous said...

sara, i had hyperemesis with my pregnancy (just a fancy word for extreme morning sickness). as bad as it was, the dr's always told me that one good thing about it is it means that everything is working like it's supposed to. that baby is doing super if it's enough to make you sick! so, that's a positive way to look at it. also, this didn't help me, but i've heard several others say that small snacks throughout the day helped. if they let themselves get really hungry it was worse. and sucking on lemon flavored candy. anyway, i'm so excited and happy for you and colin. you guys are and have been in my prayers.-sarah sullivan