Friday, January 20, 2006

Dealing with Grief

It's a sad day here at work, and in Vicksburg too for that matter. I lost one of my dear, sweet coworkers, Nancy Braswell, yesterday afternoon to cancer. She was a very sweet lady....always spoke her mind, but was gentle just the same. I watched her grow closer to God and hold tight to her faith in this past year as she fought against such a horrible disease. I will miss our chats about her granddaughter, scrapbooking, her Red Hat Society meetings, but most of all....her smile. I pray that she is finally in peace in Heaven and will suffer no more. My grandmother's best friend, Mrs. Willardean Harper, also passed away this week. She recently found out that she had cancer and became very ill over Christmas. I pray that Nancy and Mrs. Willardean are having a cup of coffee right now in Heaven and looking down on all of us who cared so much for them. Nancy and Mrs. Willardean, we'll miss you both!

No comments: