Thursday, January 05, 2006
Keeping Hope Alive
I hate to write this for fear that I will jinx myself, but I've really felt pregnant this week. I've had several symptoms, but don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or if the Lord finally has it in HIS cards for us to have a baby. I should be able to find out one way or the other this weekend. I would just be tickled pink (or even blue) to know that we got pregnant on our own with no fertility drugs or treatments. To change the subject a bit, my coworker, Nancy, really needs lots of prayer right now. She has been battling cancer for the past year and is growing weaker and weaker by the day. Colin and I went to visit her last night and to take her some dinner and I was just destroyed when I saw her. She is so thin and frail and it just kills me to see her suffering. She was undergoing chemo, but her doctors are currently letting her take a break from treatment in order for her body to rest. When I see her, I realize how small my problems are right now. Experts say that going through infertility is a lot like a family dealing with cancer, but I disagree. I see what cancer has done to Nancy and her family and I realize how good I have it. I also realize that if she can continue to fight and perservere the way that she has...then I'll continue to fight and persevere as well through my infertility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment