Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Six weeks and three days

Six weeks and three days....I've officially made it past the point when I miscarried last time. I'm hoping that's a good sign, although I know that things can go awry at any given moment. We're still just keeping the faith that this little bean will remain healthy. He or she has been busy growing lately, which has caused me to have mild cramps in the afternoon. I talked to the nurse yesterday afternoon to make sure that it was okay to have menstrual-type cramps. She said that while cramps in early pregnancy are perfectly normal, I need to rest and elevate my feet as much as possible in the evenings. I woke up with morning sickness again this morning and came to work a little late. I guess I'm going to start eating crackers before I get out of the bed, since it seems that getting into a hot shower with an empty stomach triggers my nausea. I'm not complaining though...I'm very grateful to be in this condition since we've waited so long. Colin and my dad are home today putting up the beadboard in the baby's room, so hopefully I can post some pictures later this week.

No comments: