Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Long Time, No Post

This is a picture of my sick girl that Colin sent me while I was in Memphis. So pitiful!
And he sent me this one of the little stinker.

Feeling all better and enjoying her Thanksgiving feast at school.

Class party

Contrary to popular belief, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Unfortunately, I don't do much more these days but work, eat, sleep and take care of kids and some will tell you that lately I haven't even have had time to stop and eat because of the whole work thing, but that's a whole 'nother blog post. In the essence of time, I'll give you the condensed version of life in Leach land. Colin, Addison and I left town on Friday the 13th and headed to Oxford for the Ole Miss vs. Tennessee game. Addison and I enjoyed shopping on the Square while Colin and Uncle Chase headed to the game. Rebs won...we were all happy. On Sunday, Addison and Colin drove me to Memphis and dropped me off to support the ERDC/Corps of Engineers' R&D Conference at the Downtown Marriott. Meanwhile, back home, my little man started running 104 degree fever and had to go to the doc. Let me mention that Nana was also weaning him off of his paci at the same time that all of this happened. Despite getting sick, we are now paci free!! Verdict: ear tube fell out, bad ear infection and was given a shot of Rocephin for chest congestion and an antibiotic. I spent the week in Memphis working very long days. We started our days with Operation Team meetings at 6 am and worked until 7:30 and 8 each night. Needless to say, I didn't have much free time nor did I even leave the hotel from Sunday until Thursday and I got really sick my second night there after running around for 12 hours without eating a real meal. Won't do that again! On Tuesday, Addison started running fever and vomiting, so Colin had the luxury of being a stay-at-home dad to two sick children. He, he, he! Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh a little to myself when I got his message saying Addison was sick. I think it's good for them to experience what moms do every now and again. I got home late Thursday night and was completely worn out and Colin left Friday to head back to Oxford for the LSU game. (You'll notice that he paid me back for laughing about the kids getting sick.) I spent Friday morning at Addison's school providing goodies for her Thanksgiving feast and then spent the afternoon napping and catching up with both of my munchkins. It has been a whirlwind month, but we're looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with family and are starting to get into the Christmas spirit. I took the kids to see Santa on Saturday while Colin was gone and that was a hilarious adventure. I'll share the pic soon. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are truly thankful for all of our friends and family who are both near and far!

1 comment:

Cortney said...

Sorry that your babies have been sick. Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better!