Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Thank You, Veterans!
I am so thankful today for all the men and women who have served or who are serving in our Armed Forces in order to protect our freedom. People like our friend Brian who is missing out on all of those bedtime snuggles with his three-year-old over the next year so that he can protect us from the real and dangerous threat of terrorism. Thank you for everything you do! I'm also grateful to be a government worker in this unstable economy and have the day off to regroup a little. Lord knows I've had more than my share of work lately, which is the reason I've been a blog slacker. I've been just a little stressed out and overwhelmed with the demands of work. Our office is short staffed and it makes for some long hours. Working until 6 or 7 p.m. and then going home to start my second shift as mom has just been exhausting. Not to mention that Colin worked late most of last week. Friday, we're headed to Oxford for the Ole Miss/Tennessee game and then Colin and Addison are driving to Memphis and dropping me off to meet up with my boss for the USACE R&D Conference for the week. Our organization is hosting the event and my boss and I are in charge of handling the Chief of Engineers and the rest of the VIPs during their stay as well as other details. It'll be another week of fixing hair for Colin! If you see my children next week, their daddy did it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are going to the LSU game next weekend. I can't wait! Do y'all go to games every year? We usually try to make it to at least one. I'd love to try to make it to the same game next year. I saw where the whole group went to the AR game. If y'all do that next year can I invite us to come? I'd love to see y'all!
I just wanted to say I updated my blog last week, and I am not sure why it is not updated on anyone's blogs but in any case ....I enjoy reading yours. You have a great daddy, and even though your on a trip he always does wonderful! Blessings..
Post a Comment