Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Spring Fever

One of the many pools at the Grand Marriott
The beach area near the bay

Splash park at the resort

Despite the recent cold front, I have Spring Fever! As I indicated in my last post, I'm ready for spring recipes, spring events and also spring travel. In three weeks, Colin and the kids are spending the weekend at Jellystone Park with the rest of Colin's family while I head to the Beau Rivage for a massage and fun with the girls for my friend Jenny's bachelorette party. (I do plan to spend Friday night at Jellystone with the gang). For Mother's Day weekend, we've planned a trip to the Grand Marriott Resort... right outside of Mobile...something I've wanted to do for a long time. It's supposedly a fabulous resort complete with a spa, six or seven pools, golf courses, beach area, etc. The kids are very excited about this trip and I'm excited about hanging out at the pool with the kids and kicking off the month of May in the sun. And finally, the week of 4th of July, we're heading to Beach Colony in Perdido Key. It's one of our favorite places. In fact, Colin proposed in the sand right outside Beach Colony on 4th of July ten years ago. Somewhere during all of our travels, I hope that we'll also be in the middle of a home-building process. And now you know why I have planned several road trips for us, I need something to keep me sane over the next few months! Hmmm...where else can we go?? :)

2 comments:

Taylor & Krisa said...

I've got the fever too! I don't know how many links to resorts I've sent Taylor in the past week. ha!

Deanna said...

We LOVE the Grand Marriott! The only thing we didn't love was the prices on food. Whew! Expensive. Other than that we loved all the swimming, bicycling, tennis, etc... that there was to do around the resort. We could have stayed forever!