Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Think I Can, I Think I Can...

There is a reason they say that if your marriage can survive building a house that it can survive anything....IT IS STRESSFUL...and overwhelming...and just makes you insane. We locked in on our interest rate a week or so ago. We thought "yay---we're only about six weeks away and we have 60 days to close...we can do this." Since then, everything keeps getting pushed back. Entergy keeps saying they can't put our permanent power in because the contractor who digs the ditch for it says it's too wet...well, it's WINTER, people! What do you expect? The contractor came five days after it had rained and tried to run the ditch witch and said it was still too wet. Really? Until we get the permanent power in, we can't have ceramic tile or hardwood put in because it has to acclimate to the ac/heat. AC/heat can't go in without permanent power....do you see the cycle of frustration here? I'm really close to renting my own ditch witch. You think I'm kidding?  I ordered my appliances Saturday all by myself. I was proud. Granite guy called today and said he needed the cooktop in order to install the counters. When I called to check on the cooktop---I was told it would be two weeks before it arrives from the manufacturer. Translation--granite guy now has to wait two weeks to install counters. Geez--I'm tired and just want this all to be over already! It will be worth it in the end though, right?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yes, all worth it in the end. Matt and I were sort of in the same boat - we didn't argue with each other - just with the people that we had no control over what they were doing. We couldn't MAKE them put the granite in or the appliances in unless it was on THEIR time schedule. It was SOOO frustrating. And now, after you get moved in...you sit around and think about ALL the things you would change if you could do it all over again. hahaha only half kidding. it will happen one day though so hang in there! good luck and stay calm.