Thursday, April 13, 2006
Barefoot and pregnant in Mississippi
You know those days when everything goes wrong and you wish you had never gotten out of bed???? Well, today was one of those days for me. As I was getting dressed this morning, I remembered that I had to give a two-hour tour at work for a group of high school JROTC students from Louisiana. Knowing that I was going to be on my feet for several hours walking around, I decided that I probably didn't need to wear heels. Still wanting to look professional, I opted to wear a new pair of beaded wedge sandals that I bought a couple weeks ago. I loaded the kids up on the bus, we drove to our first stop, and as I stepped off the bus and began walking across the parking lot to one of the buildings...my shoe broke. I had no choice but to take my shoes off and walk barefoot until I got into the building and had time to look at my shoe. The students thought it was hilarious and all I could think about was the Mississippi stereotype of being barefoot and pregnant! HA! One of the guys in the lab realized that I was a damsel in distress and he nailed my shoe strap so that I could make it through the rest of the tour. My next choice would have been duct tape, so I'm glad that the nails worked. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. Happy Easter to everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment