Thursday, April 06, 2006

Reality setting in..

It's funny how when you are pregnant it sometimes takes a series of things to occur before you believe that it's actually real...hearing the heartbeat for the first time, seeing the baby move on the sonogram, the nausea and vomiting, etc. Yesterday, Colin and I had our preadmission appointment at the Baptist Birthplace and were able to take a tour of the labor and delivery wing where we will be having the baby. I have to admit that reality definitely started to set in and I started getting a little nervous about the whole birthing process. Besides, it's not like labor is an easy thing....they wouldn't call it labor otherwise. I'm also starting to feel little sensations when I lie in the bed at night that could possibly be the baby moving. I'm not completely sure yet, but I know I've reached the point where it's possible. We're still anticipating finding out the sex this weekend. However, Amanda's aunt who is doing the sonogram is sick, so we're on stand-by to see if she gets better by this weekend.

Colin completed the pen for the dogs earlier this week. I don't think the dogs are really happy about their new home. I don't know if they feel isolated being so far away from the house, but you would think that they would enjoy having a larger space to roam around in. Colin is considering buying them a little kiddie pool to keep them cool this summer. I also have an old table umbrella in the garage that we aren't using and he mentioned putting it over the doghouse for shade. I'll have to take pictures if he decides to do all that...I'm sure it will look like a doggie resort! =)

No comments: