Monday, April 03, 2006

Another weekend comes and goes


I love the weekends...they are my sanctuary. Each Monday, I count down the days until the next weekend. The weekend is the only time when I can sleep late and go lie back down when my nausea hits. I felt a lot better this past weekend for the first time in four months. I started getting a little energy back on Saturday and went two whole days without throwing up, but Monday morning came around and changed all of that! I am now 16 weeks pregnant, so I guess the nausea just doesn't want to leave.

We had a good weekend. We went to the WES/Corps of Engineers party here at work Friday night. I danced around a little, but then started feeling a little queasy. I guess you just can't do the same jumping and dancing around when you're pregnant and expect it not to turn your stomach. I've posted a silly picture from the party. Colin and I were told to pose for the camera, so my husband decided to act really goofy (as usual). Saturday, we worked around the house and outside. It was very warm, but was nice to play outside a little. There's just something about walking around barefoot outside when it's warm...takes you back to your childhood, I guess.

My belly has really started to grow in the last couple weeks. Colin has been singing to my belly so that the baby will begin recognizing his voice. What's most interesting is WHAT he has been singing....he has been singing old cowboy ballads that his mom and grandfather taught him when he was little. Most of you are probably way too young to know the song, "Ringo," but if you ever get a chance...do a google search for the lyrics. Once you start reading, "He lay face down in the desert sand, clutching his six shooter in his hand," you'll see why I shutter to think about this poor baby being exposed to such ballads.

No comments: