Thursday, March 30, 2006

Moving right along

We had another successful doctor visit on Tuesday. The nurse was able to pick up the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler pretty quickly. The doctor said the heart tones were good and strong. I, on the other hand, have been battling a sinus infection and an ear infection in both ears. I asked Dr. T to check my ears while I was there and I ended up leaving the doctor's office with a prescription for a Z-pack in hand. I've discovered that it takes even longer to get over something like that when you are pregnant (I've had this stuff for a week and it's still hanging in there). We are going to Tuscaloosa next weekend to have a sonogram. I'm so anxious to reveal whether this baby is a boy or a girl...I can hardly stand it.

In other news, Colin has been busy building a pen for the dogs down near the edge of the woods. On the way to work Tuesday, he showed me a place on his arm that had been itching. It didn't take me but a second to realize that he must have gotten into poison ivy while working on the fence. He has several spots on his arm now and I have threatened his life if he gives it to me. That's all I need right now! We've also been feeding/baby-sitting Colin's parent's animals while they are in Maui this week. Lucky, the cat, disappeared for a couple days, so Colin's uncle made up this sad, tall tale about how Colin had to go rescue the cat's lifeless body from tangled vines of poison ivy and that's how he became infected. Colin plans to use the story when his parents return and see what kind of sympathy he gets. I tell ya...it's never a dull moment in this family.

No comments: