Saturday, September 23, 2006

Belly Ache

Unfortunately, we've had a trying couple of days. Little Miss Addison now has colic and screams for several hours during the day and night. Needless to say, colic and reflux can be very painful and it's so sad to see her screaming in pain each day. You start to feel completely helpless when you know your child is hurting and nothing seems to help. I called the doctor's answering service today and explained what was going on. The doctor agreed that she probably has colic and decided to call her in some Levison drops. I am supposed to give them to her every four hours and they should help relax her stomach muscles and help with digestion and cramping. We are praying that the drops will ease her pain. We have also found that if we lay her over a hot water bottle that the warm water helps relax her muscles and she will calm down. Once she quits crying, she snubs for the next ten minutes since she's cried for so long. It's so heartbreaking to see. Colin and I have been tag teaming at night during her crying spells, but it's very hard during the work day when he's not here. I hate to think about going back to work and her staying at Mrs. Lelia's and crying most of the day. Please say a prayer that these drops will help her and that we retain our sanity in the next few weeks as we get her past the colic phase.

No comments: