Friday, January 05, 2007

Here's to the New Year





Happy 2007! I can't believe another year is here already. Addison is 4 1/2 months now and growing like a weed. She is smiling and laughing more and more with each passing day. It is so amazing to see her little personality develop. She is very strong and has been stiffening her legs when you hold her because she wants to stand up. This new trick has made putting her in the car seat extremely challenging. She loves squash and carrots and still loves her bath time at night. We went to Hot Springs this past weekend to see Colin's aunt, uncle and cousins. Addison did really well on the four hour car ride. She slept all the way up on Friday night and was just a bit fussy on the way home on New Year's Day. Colin treated me to a 90 minute massage and facial while were in Hot Springs at the Alchemy Shoppe. It was so wonderful. I was like a puddle of goo when it was over. I bought a baby sign language book while we were there and we have been using basic signs to communicate with Addison. We're hoping she will pick up on the signs for milk, bath, mama, daddy, etc. pretty quickly and will start to use them to tell us what she wants. She already gets very excited when I start saying bath and doing the sign for it. I'm hoping she will be a fast learner. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday and also marks the day last year when I found out I was expecting Addison....one of the happiest days of my life aside from the day she was born and the day I married Colin. Sunday is Colin's brother's birthday. Happy Birthday to Mom and David! Hope you both have a wonderful birthday weekend. I've posted a few pics of our trip to Hot Springs, a picture of my cousin, Landon, and his girlfriend during their recent visit from Missouri and a beautiful picture of the sunset that I took in our backyard a couple weeks ago.

No comments: