Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sweet Little Blessings

I am feeling a little sentimental today, so bear with me. I am truly blessed. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter who the Lord hand-picked for us and there's not too much I can complain about. Sure, I'd love to be a stay-at-home mom rather than have to work, but I can only do what is best for my daughter and my family at this moment. I say this because I often forget to tell my family just how much they mean to me, but not a day goes by where I am not grateful for sweet little reminders that the Lord sends my way. After my miscarriage and when I was battling infertility (driving to the doctor in Jackson week after week to have follicles checked, hormone injections, ultrasounds, and the works), there were days when I just wanted to give up. There were days when I would cry all the way to work and home again over another failed insemination. However, I had to believe that the Lord had a plan for me. It was amazing how the Lord always sent tiny blessings along the way to remind me of that plan...whether it be a song on the radio, the sun peaking out from behind a cloud, a field of blooming daffodils at the end of winter...I found comfort in the small things of everyday life. Fast forward three years, I now sit in the dark each night rocking my precious baby girl to sleep, treasuring every breath that she takes. She often pulls my hair, tugs my ear or rubs my face when she's trying to fall asleep and I wouldn't trade anything in the world for those precious moments. Oh, how I prayed for moments like those and now they are finally here. You see, the Lord had a plan after all. I write all of this because I know several families who are going through tough times. We know several people who have children with leukemia and those children are fighting for their lives. It's hard to understand why, but we have to remember that the Lord has a plan. With that in mind, I have felt led today to try to be a bone marrow donor. I am trying to get the information necessary to be placed on the registry list, so please say a prayer that this is part of the Lord's plan for me. What an awesome feeling it would be to know that I helped save someone's life...possibly that of a child so that their parents may continue to have the same sweet moments with their child each night as we do with Addison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara- I found your website a while back and just happened upon it and read this post- I just recently wrote something similar on Adler's little website (http://www.totsites.com/tot/adler)

But, the point being, you can go to http://www.marrow.org/HELP/index.html to find out how to get on the donor list.
And for the month of May, in honor of Mother's Day, its free to get swabbed.