Friday, November 16, 2007

10 Weeks and Counting

It's Friday, which means I'm now at the 10 week mark of this pregnancy. I've been slacking on taking pictures and posting lately because I've been so sick. The morning sickness (more like all-day sickness) has really affected me this week. By 8 p.m., I just can't hold my eyes open anymore and have to surrender to my bed. And, can I just ask, "What is it with these second babies wanting to make an appearance (aka the belly bulge) so much sooner?" It's been a really busy week at work and I'm looking forward to having a couple days off next week and another long weekend. I love the holidays. In addition to all the great food, it's so great to spend time with family. Speaking of family, please say a prayer for my dad and my cousin. My family has been bitten by the bad luck bug this week. My dad started having double vision last week and discovered that his blood sugar was 442. He went to the doctor on Monday and they started him on medicine for diabetes. He now has to check his sugar twice a day and watch his sugar intake. So hard to do with the holidays upon us! I pray that the medicine will help. My cousin, Dana, who is 8 months pregnant was almost beaten to death in her home by an iron fire poker last Friday after a man came to her door and asked if he could use the phone to call someone. He claimed his car had broken down. After coming inside and getting a good look at the inside of the house, he started beating her and continued to do so until she blacked out. Luckily, she woke up and was able to call for help. She spent several days in ICU, but by the grace of God, she and the baby are fine ( as well as her 3-year-old who was home with her). We later found out that the man came back to the house and stole some things after they left for the hospital. Please keep her in your prayers. On a lighter note, I wish everyone a wonderful turkey day next week! Enjoy the day with those you love!

1 comment:

Jeanelle said...

Geeze, Sara - your post just gave me goosebumps.
Wow - I am glad your cousin is ok.

I'll keep her and your dad in my thoughts.