
Everyone knows that the Friday after Thanksgiving, aka Black Friday, is the "biggest shopping day of the year." I used to get an adrenaline rush getting up early and standing in line in the dark, cold morning air outside of a store waiting to rush inside and get a glimpse of all the bargains. I can honestly say that Black Friday has lost its appeal. Maybe it's because I've gotten older and have traded in the adrenaline rush for the modern conveniences of online shopping. Or, maybe it's because I'm now a mom and I treasure sleeping late the day after Thanksgiving instead of getting up at 4 a.m. Regardless, I'm just
not doing it this year. Instead, I plan to stay in my pajamas a little longer on Friday, pull out all of my Christmas stuff that has been in storage, put on some Christmas music and start decorating. I even picked up some chocolate chip Christmas cookies at the grocery store yesterday to bake for Addison and Colin while we decorate. Christmas is so much fun when you have small children. It's great to see their eyes light up when you turn on all the lights on the decorated tree. As the Christmas season approaches, try to see Christmas through a child's eyes and don't let the holiday hustle and bustle stress you out and cause you to lose sight of the true reason for the season. Here are a few festive pictures of Addison from our holiday photo shoot a couple of weeks ago. Hope these will get you in the Christmas spirit.
1 comment:
Saturday Samuel and Liv put up our Christmas tree while I was at work. When I came home I was surprised and Liv was so excited and proud about what she and daddy did. :) She said look mommy look and was pointing to the tree with a big smile on her face. It was one of those moments you will never forget. :)
Post a Comment