Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Singing the Pacifier Blues

Life has not been fun at our house since Thursday night, particularly bedtime. We took Addison's pacifier away over the weekend after weaning her off of it during the day and only giving it to her during nap and bedtime. Boy, has she been a pill at bedtime! Normally, we're done with bed and bath routine by 7:30 and she's asleep no later than 8. For the past three nights, she finally wears herself out from crying around 9:15. I sat on her bedroom floor last night for an hour refusing to get her out of her crib as she fought tooth and nail to stay awake. I had to laugh to myself. It was almost as if both of us were waiting each other out to see who would break first. Colin is going to Austin sometime in December for training and I'll be a single mom while he's gone. I am praying that this new bedtime rebellion will be a distant memory by then. I am really thinking twice about introducing the new baby to a pacifier at all!

No comments: