Friday, March 05, 2010

Alabama Trip







We're back from our quick trip to Mobile. We had a fabulous time hanging out with my high school friend Allison and her daughter, Whitney, but my kiddos sure wore me out. I know they had a great time and I can tell that the quality time was something they needed...but it was rather trying at times to cart them around in a strange town all by myself while Colin was at work. At least when you have kids in tow in your own town...you know where all the bathrooms are and where you can stop for food when the kids start crying that they're hungry...not the case when you are by yourself in a rental car with two kids whining in the back seat while you are trying to listen to the Tom-Tom give you your next set of directions. You get the picture...

Regardless, we got to Mobile on Tuesday evening. Colin, his coworker, the kids and I headed to Wintzel's Oyster House in downtown Mobile to eat, which had great food. Wednesday morning, the kids and I met Allison and Whitney at the Exploreum for the Dinosaur Exhibit. The kids had a blast and the museum was fantastic. Headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch afterwards and then went to Allison's house to put the kids down for a nap. After nap, the kids played some more at the Spanish Fort park. We met Colin, Scott, and Allison's husband at Felix's for dinner, which is one of Colin's favorite places to eat in the Mobile area. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep that night. On Thursday, the kids and I did some shopping and then met Allison and Whitney at lunch to head to Gulf Shores for the afternoon. The kids played on the sand and swam in the indoor pool at the Crystal Tower condo. We headed back to Mobile just before dusk and ended the night with dinner at Ed's Shed. I think I've gained about four of five lbs. from this week alone...definitely have to get on the treadmill after all the good eatin'. As if that wasn't enough, we stopped at Robert St. John's Crescent City Grill for lunch on our way through H-burg today. Yum! Needless to say, I ate a Lean Cuisine for dinner tonight. Overall, we had some much-needed family time and despite the occasional tantrum...I think a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

MH said...

Glad you had fun! The pics looks like it was awesome. Hope to see y'all when you come down this way! I'll get you around better than your tom tom! HA!