Thursday, August 05, 2010

I Survived...

It has been a trying couple of days while my hubby has been away, but I did survive. I learned that children really do prey on your vulnerabilities when they can. Addison has been having a hard time adjusting to my going back to work and I've literally had to peel her off of me each morning when I drop her off. I'm sure she knows it's painful for me to leave her crying hysterically, so she tries to make it as dramatic as possible for me. She's a pretty good little actress too! While Colin was away, I spanked with the wooden spanking spoon, (yes, I spank sometimes when needed), put them in time-out, threatened, yelled (probably a little too much) and none of that seemed to phase them much or at least for longer than two minutes. As awful as all of the previous info may sound, I did love on them a lot too and we had some great cuddle time. Addison's favorite thing is to pop popcorn and watch a movie with me. She calls it our "girls' time." She also enjoys sleeping in the bed with me when her daddy is gone. So, we have had some good times even though being a single parent has been rather challenging. And, I'm happy to report that the bathroom ceiling did eventually dry...

No comments: