Friday, August 13, 2010

Leap of Faith

I'm shaking as I write this because life as I know it is about to change. See, I'm a little OCD and I'm not always comfortable with change and not being in control. Colin has always wanted to build a house. I do share that dream in that I have a vision in my head of the house I want, but as Colin puts it...I'm not good when it comes to making sacrifices. And, I admit that. Well, I'm about to take a huge leap of faith when it comes to sacrificing for what you want, because we've decided to sell our house, move in with my parents temporarily and build. It's going to be quite the sacrifice for me if our house does sell to have to put all my stuff in storage, forfeit my own space for a year or so and experience the trials of building with spouse. But, it will be worth it the end, right? Gosh, I hope so!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

We lived with my inlaws while I was pregnant and building our house. Yes it is a great sacrifice but worth it. When things get "bad" I just locked myself in the room and told everyone I needed time alone. It was stressful but very helpful. I hope your house sells quickly and the transition is smooth. You will be glad and thankful when it's all over and you're looking back. Trust me!

Carrie said...

Oh yeah p.s. The whole "building a house tests your marriage" is NOT true. Matt and I never argued and we agreed on most everything. If anything we had more to laugh about! So good luck!

Ashley said...

What an exciting new adventure though! And yay for you guys for taking the leap!

Jennifer said...

How exciting!! At least you'll have some extra help with the littles when you're living with your parents, right?!

Amy said...

I'm just seeing this! Yes, it'll be a sacrifice, but you'll make it, and you'll have stories to tell...within your new house! :)

Deanna said...

I don't blame you for being never about the changes, but you have such great taste that I am sure your house will turn out beautiful!!

whit said...

Sara, It is so worth it. You will be able to make your dream a reality. I love my new home. It is a sacrifice and it did stress me out a lot. I too need, ok - want, to be in control of everything all of the time. Now, I'm loving home and loving that my little boy enjoys his bedroom. I will be praying for you. P.S. You need our builders! Awesome work and completed from clearing the lot to moving date was only 3 months 5 days!