Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cousin AJ is on His Way

The Leach family is adding one more baby to the bunch today. Colin's brother David and his wife, Carrie, will soon be welcoming baby Andrew James (A.J.) to the mix as Carrie is being induced this morning. He will be the 8th grandchild on Colin's side of the family. We're driving over to Baptist this afternoon to see him, so I'll be posting some pics tomorrow. And while I am on the subject of having babies...I donated a pint of blood yesterday here at work and my C-section was a piece of cake compared to the experience I had. It has been several years since I have donated because my last experience in college was not a good one. However, since I am now a mom and realize that it could be my child who one day needs blood, I decided to face my fears and try again and this experience wasn't much better. I just don't do well giving blood. I get all hot, clammy, pale, numb, nauseated and the list goes on. I felt like an idiot yesterday in a room full of people who were all sitting upright not phased one bit while I was laid all the way back, feet in the air, eyes closed and ice packs all over my body. When my bag was finally full, I sat up and thought I was okay, but turned white as a sheet (so they tell me) and almost fainted when I walked into the lobby to drink my juice. The nurses laid me back down and I had to stay there nearly 45 minutes until I was able to safely get up. Did I mention that I don't like giving blood? I have to say though...it really is a small price to pay to save someone's life.

No comments: