Monday, December 17, 2007

City of Lights

Happy Monday, friends! Colin, Addison and I had a fabulous weekend. First of all, Colin returned from a week-long work trip to Austin and we were very excited to have him come home. Addison and I went to pick him up from the airport on Friday night and her reunion with her daddy looked like something right out of a movie. When they both caught a glimpse of each other, Addison started running across the baggage claim area and gave her daddy kiss after kiss as he picked her up. She kept looking at him (like she couldn't believe he was finally home) and then would lay her head down on him and squeeze him really tight. Of course, this made ole daddy tear up! I just had to laugh at both of them to keep from crying. Saturday, we headed to Jackson (despite the nasty weather) to take Addison to see Santa. Apparently, everyone else in a 300 mile radius had the same idea and the line was at least two-hours long. I knew that Addison would not wait in the line without getting cranky, so we decided that dear Santa may have to make a house call instead. We did a little shopping and had dinner in Madison before heading to Canton---the City of Lights. Addison was fascinated by all the pretty lights on the town square and she kept pointing, "ooohing," and "aaahing." I have to admit it was pretty magical---even for us big kids. They have one gazebo (which I have included in the pics) that is decorated with a ton of sparkly lights. There is this gorgeous tree inside with hundreds of tiny little twinkle lights and it's just beautiful! Definitely worth seeing! We had a great time walking around the courthouse and enjoying the lights. Although the wind was really cold Saturday night, so we didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked. Yesterday, the kids in my Sunday School class along with the 4-and 5-year old class sang in front of the church. They did a wonderful job and with very little practice. Kids are so great at putting everyone in the Christmas spirit! Here are a few pictures of the City of Lights (including a belly shot of me), the children singing at church and Addison visiting with cousin A.J.

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Look how cute the little children were up on stage. I was so proud of all of them. I love all of the pics of the lights in canton, they are beautiful!

Jeanelle said...

Cute shots!
We took Gabby to Canton the Saturday before last.
My hubby is from Canton.