Even though it's been unseasonably warm here the past couple of days and doesn't feel like Christmas, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around town and our house. Colin and I finished all our Christmas shopping in Monroe on Friday afternoon and now the wrapping begins. I put the first set of wrapped presents under the tree this weekend and that seemed to help make things a little more festive. I took Addison to look at Christmas lights last night (she's finally over the viral sore throat) and she got so excited at all of the colors and would point and squeal. This morning, she wore one of her Christmas dresses to school and would say, "Ho, Ho, Ho" and point to the Santa faces. So sweet! I've been telling her that Santa brings boys and girls presents in honor of Jesus' birthday. Although, I know she doesn't have full comprehension of this concept, I know that it's never too early to start telling her about the true reason for Christmas. Addison is having a Christmas program at First Pres on Friday morning followed by a family reception, so this will be her first time to perform in front of an audience. I can't wait to see what a class full of one-year-olds do on stage. I'll definitely have the video camera ready! I'll leave you with a picture of Santa's sweet little elf. Oh, one more thing, wanted to wish our niece Ashley a big congratulations for a second place win this past weekend in a cheerleading competition in Tunica. Ashley was 2 1/2 when Colin and I started dating, so I feel very old thinking about her being old enough to compete in cheerleading competitions. =)
Monday, December 10, 2007
It's Beginning to Look (But Not Feel) like Christmas
Even though it's been unseasonably warm here the past couple of days and doesn't feel like Christmas, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around town and our house. Colin and I finished all our Christmas shopping in Monroe on Friday afternoon and now the wrapping begins. I put the first set of wrapped presents under the tree this weekend and that seemed to help make things a little more festive. I took Addison to look at Christmas lights last night (she's finally over the viral sore throat) and she got so excited at all of the colors and would point and squeal. This morning, she wore one of her Christmas dresses to school and would say, "Ho, Ho, Ho" and point to the Santa faces. So sweet! I've been telling her that Santa brings boys and girls presents in honor of Jesus' birthday. Although, I know she doesn't have full comprehension of this concept, I know that it's never too early to start telling her about the true reason for Christmas. Addison is having a Christmas program at First Pres on Friday morning followed by a family reception, so this will be her first time to perform in front of an audience. I can't wait to see what a class full of one-year-olds do on stage. I'll definitely have the video camera ready! I'll leave you with a picture of Santa's sweet little elf. Oh, one more thing, wanted to wish our niece Ashley a big congratulations for a second place win this past weekend in a cheerleading competition in Tunica. Ashley was 2 1/2 when Colin and I started dating, so I feel very old thinking about her being old enough to compete in cheerleading competitions. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment