Saturday, June 14, 2008

Settling In


Landry at one week old
Addison at one week old



It's Saturday and we are finally getting settled in at home. Today is the first day since we brought Landry home that we have spent the whole day together at home. Because of my nerve pain, we've been at my mom and dad's most of the week. I have enjoyed spending time with mama during the day, but it's nice not to have to pack up the whole house and just relax at home.

I saw Dr. Dodd, the pain management doctor, on Friday and he gave me steroid shots in a nerve near my right pelvic bone to help provide some comfort. He explained that sometimes when nerves are cut during a C-section, certain ones may get really irritated (go mad as he put it) and cause burning and severe discomfort for quite some time. Unfortunately, doctors can give shots and prescribe meds to help with the pain, but time is the only thing that will heal the nerve completely. I have to get another round of steroid shots in two weeks. In the meantime, I am supposed to take it easy (as if I haven't had four months of bed rest), take my meds and use Lidoderm patches. After four weeks, if I am still in a great deal of pain, I'll have to stop breastfeeding to take a nerve medicine called Lyrica. I am feeling a little better today and I'm starting to get around a lot better, although certain movements cause severe burning. Nevertheless, I think the shots will help some.

I'll leave you with a few pics of baby brother and big sister hanging out at the house. After Landry's sponge bath tonight, I dressed him in the same preemie duck sleeper that Addison wore her first week home. As a comparison, I've included a picture of Addison her first week home. So hard to believe she was ever that tiny! Also, Addison and Landry want to wish their daddy a very Happy Father's Day. We love you, daddy!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

He has already changed so much! Addison looks so much like you in those pics, Sarah! Such a sweet family you have.