Thursday, June 26, 2008

Something More

I usually don't post twice in one day, but God has been nudging me for days to share this and I finally stopped long enough to listen. Let me explain...after our first round of fertility treatments and my miscarriage, I went through a really hard time...mostly behind closed doors. A friend gave me a Kristy Starling CD with a song called "Something More" on it. I listened to the words of the song and they couldn't be more fitting for what I was going through at the time. And, most importantly, I had to hold on to the fact that no matter the circumstances of that moment, I couldn't lose sight of what God had in store for me. My faith in that promise is what got me through that time. I haven't heard that song or listened to that CD in three years or more, but something made me think about it the other day and I went through every CD in my car today trying to find it. I finally found it, plugged it into the CD player, and listened to the words on the way home this afternoon. It's funny how I had even forgotten some of the words and how meaningful they were to me both then and now. I realized as I listened to the song that the Lord definitely led me to "Something More," because as I looked in my rearview mirror and into the backseat there were two beautiful children staring back at me. Wow! They were definitely worth the wait and I am so blessed to have them in my life. There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for my children. There were so many nights that I would lay in Colin's arms sobbing and wondering if we would ever have children of our own. I share all of this because we all go through tough times and one of you may be having a tough week and just need a little encouragement. I know that the Lord didn't nudge me to rummage through all of my CDs for nothing, so I hope you'll listen to the words and that they may inspire you to keep the faith despite hard times. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOMBo6tDWUg

4 comments:

~Renea~ said...

Sara,
Thank you so much for this post. I think I am the one that needed to read it. My husband and I have been trying to concieve for a little over 3 years. Its been a very tough road for me and very hard to swallow. Thanks for the encouragment. I'm definitely gonna have to find that cd. Thanks again and God Bless you and your family...

PS. Your children are adorable!

AMANDA said...

God is so Good!!!!

Deanna said...

I remember when you were trying to conceive. I am so glad to see your two beautiful answers to prayer. It is hard to wait on God's timing, but sooooo worth it in every situation.

Debbie said...

Sara,
You are such an inspiration. I well remember the hard times you and Colin had a few years back and am so thankful that God has blessed your faithfulness to Him. If anyone was born to be a mom, it was you. I hope and pray that Brittany follows your example when our own little one makes his or her appearance! God Bless.