Well, it seems there's always a new development each week at my doctor's appointment. I had my 35 week check-up on Tuesday and my blood pressure was elevated, so Dr. T seems to think I might be on the "verge of preeclampsia/toxemia." The nurse made me lay on my left side and rest in the doctor's office and she came back to take my BP again before we left. My pressure had gone down after resting, so I'm supposed to try to lay on my left side several times during the day to keep it down. Unfortunately, the doctor wants to test to see if there is protein in my urine, so I was sent home with a big jug for a 24 hour urine collection. Yes, it's just as lovely as it sounds. I have to collect all of my urine starting Monday and take with me to my next appointment on Tuesday. Even worse, it has to be kept on ice or in the fridge. So disgusting! I'm still not dilated, so Dr. T said she's going to wait and try to let me go into labor on my own and do a C-section only if my heart rate or BP become unstable. However, if I'm showing signs of preeclampsia, things can change fast and we could have this baby any day now. I just pray that Addison Claire will remain healthy and won't be affected by this.
The church hosted a baby shower for us on Sunday. We got lots of great things for baby girl and I can't wait to start using everything. Everyone has been so supportive and compassionate throughout my entire pregnancy, but especially since I've gone on bedrest. In fact, I have to give a Kudos to our friend Whitney...she brought us a delicious Paula Deen rice and chicken casserole to cook this week. We thawed it out and cooked it tonight and it was super delicious....such great comfort food. Thanks, Whit! You're the best! Friends and coworkers have also brought us lasagna, chicken spaghetti, pork tenderloin, Heavenly Ham....everything has been delicious. I was surprised that I didn't gain five pounds since last week's doctor's appointment. Colin is enjoying coming home from work and smelling warm casseroles cooking in the oven for dinner. He's especially enjoying all of the chocolate that everyone has been bringing. Good thing he doesn't get weighed at my doctor's visits. He might be in for a rude awakening! I'm sure glad we have a jogging stroller to use for Miss Addison when she gets here....seems like we're both going to need to get off "baby weight." =)
No comments:
Post a Comment