Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Addison Claire Comes Home!

We brought Addison home Tuesday afternoon and we can't imagine what our house/lives were like before she came. She is such a blessing and we find ourselves completely enamored with this little life. Colin calls her "sweetness" and I can't quit calling her "my angel." It's funny how she has little nicknames already. We're slowly getting settled in and have been trying to establish a schedule of some sort. We were able to sleep about five hours last night, so we tend to get kind of sluggish in the afternoon. I'm sure naps will be our best friend for the next several weeks. I've posted a picture of Daddy stealing sugar from his girl when we got home yesterday. Addison is a little jaudiced, but the doctor said she wasn't yellow enough to have treatment. We are taking her to the doctor in the morning for a final check with the neonatologist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHe's BEAUTIFUL, Sara and Colin! I'm glad you all are home and everyone is doing well!

Sara, how's your blood pressure/heart rate? Has it calmed down now that you've had Addison?

We miss you at the office! Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous! Hope that things continue to go well and that you can get plenty of rest.

Anonymous said...

she's gorgeous! congratulations!!! take care of yourself-recovering from a c-section is rough.
-sarah

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You have a beautiful little girl. Kathy and I (and Chelsea), are very happy for you and Colin.

Don't worry about the sleep... it gets better before you know it. One morning you will wake up and realize that you had 8 hours of sleep... then you will wonder where the last 3 months have gone!!!!

John Treadwell