Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gymnastics and haircuts

My little gymnast/ballerina
Silly brudder
My girl with curls
And with straight hair (Her mama likes the curls better, but change is good every now and then).

Addison is starting gymnastics next month and is super excited. I ordered her three gymnastics leotards and she has been waiting for them to come in the mail every day. In the meantime, our sweet cousin Macy Ryan handed down a couple of her old leotards and Addison has been obsessed with trying them on. She had to sleep in the starburst one on Sunday night and then the next day she paired a pink one with a little tutu for a ballerina look. Yesterday, we made a trip to the salon for haircuts in an attempt to get ready for preschool (can't believe that it's almost time to go back). Addison got a trim and then Mrs. Rhonda decided to have some fun and blow her hair out straight into a little bob and flat iron it. She looked so different. She looked in the mirror and said, "Ha! I look like my mama. Yep, I have Sara hair." It was hysterical. Landry did pretty well considering that I've only trimmed the back of his hair once before at home. We have a busy weekend coming up as we celebrate our 7th anniversary which is on the 20th and have a family reunion and family birthday party to attend. We're also heading to the beach at the end of this month to take the kids. Addison insisted that instead of having a tea-party themed birthday party, which is what I had planned to do for her this year, she wanted to go to the beach like mama and daddy got to do on the cruise and have an ocean party. Since that's her birthday request (and I also celebrate my 30th in August), we're just going to take both sets of grandparents and head to the beach in lieu of a traditional birthday party at home. We have a condo reserved in Gulf Shores, we're going to order pizza and grab an Oreo ice cream cake from the Cold Stone Creamery down the street and let her open presents. She's actually requested that her party be on the beach, so I guess we might have to set up a tent and have the party down there right at sunset. I think she'll be surprised. I'd love to have a birthday party like that over a party at home, wouldn't you?

4 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

JA had a non-traditional birthday party for her 3rd, too. we were in disneyworld and it was so much fun. and 100 times easier than having something at home!! happy birthday/anniversary/birthday to your family! way to knock it out all at once! :)

AMANDA said...

Addison will love the beach birthday party! "3" already??????

MH said...

Those are the cutest pictures of them! I love the beach birthday idea. Y'all have so much fun!

Woodman said...

Oh MY!!! That straight hair all of a sudden makes her look so grown!!! She is adorable either way!! :)