Addison was so excited to start ballet on Thursday. For those who don't know the story....I really didn't want her to take dance since she's already in gymnastics. I felt like two activities during the week was a bit much. However, my child is rather relentless when it comes to some things and kept asking again and again why others got to take dance and she couldn't. I kept having this flash forward to 12 years or so from now with her hands on her hips saying, "you didn't let me take dance when I was three." So, I finally gave in and succumbed to rushing her to both gymnastics and ballet after work during the week. I'm hoping that she'll make a decision as to which one she likes better and just focus on one next year. If her first class was any indication of how she'll like it, she'll end up wanting to stick with both. She had a great time and loved the tap portion. She even cried at the end because she wanted to keep on tapping. She said they got to hold magic fairy wands and crawl on the floor like caterpillars. She's already asking if it's time to go back!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Prima Ballerina
Addison was so excited to start ballet on Thursday. For those who don't know the story....I really didn't want her to take dance since she's already in gymnastics. I felt like two activities during the week was a bit much. However, my child is rather relentless when it comes to some things and kept asking again and again why others got to take dance and she couldn't. I kept having this flash forward to 12 years or so from now with her hands on her hips saying, "you didn't let me take dance when I was three." So, I finally gave in and succumbed to rushing her to both gymnastics and ballet after work during the week. I'm hoping that she'll make a decision as to which one she likes better and just focus on one next year. If her first class was any indication of how she'll like it, she'll end up wanting to stick with both. She had a great time and loved the tap portion. She even cried at the end because she wanted to keep on tapping. She said they got to hold magic fairy wands and crawl on the floor like caterpillars. She's already asking if it's time to go back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment