Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sometimes Mamas Get to Dress Up Too

Addison preparing our table
Our gracious hostess
"More please."
"Yummy!"
Landry will probably hate these pics later.
Addison wouldn't let us begin until we said the blessing.
Snow White leading us in prayer.
Notice who is holding the baby doll in this picture..

Contrary to popular belief, life is not always fun around our house. It can be quite chaotic at times and I admit that my OCD tends to get the best of me and I get overwhelmed and frustrated with the day-to-day demands of motherhood. There are so many days that I'm just spent by the time I get home from work and feel like I don't have much left to give. The most challenging of those demands lately has been trying to discipline a back-talking, sassy three-year-old and a picky-eating 18-month-old who has just started hitting, throwing and biting. So, the point of all of this?? I had one simple goal during this long weekend. To take a deep breath and truly enjoy my children...get in the floor and play with them, be patient, read to them, hold them, kiss them, giggle in their circus tent...you get the picture. It just so happened that they are both sick again and it's raining, so what better than an afternoon tea party complete with tiny little cakes and dress-up clothes. And, I even got in on the dress-up action. I don't even remember how long it's been since I have played dress-up, but I had forgotten how much fun it can be. It was great to see the sparkle in Addison's eyes when she saw that I had dressed up to have tea with her and Landry. I hope we can share more afternoons like that!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your tea party! Getting to play dress up is fun! enjoy those priceless moments, my little girl outgrew those way too fast!

Unknown said...

that is quite possibly the cutest thing i've ever seen! you're a good mommy:)

Tyanne said...

so cute! love the pics! You are an awesome mom and Addison and Landry and blessed to have you as theirs!

Amy said...

Awww, precious! It's great that you have pics! (David never thinks to snap any to show that I actually WAS there!) :)