Sunday, January 10, 2010

Temporary Home

Each new year often comes with resolutions. For some, those resolutions may be to lose weight, save money or even tackle those cluttered closets. I'll admit that I've never been one to focus on making resolutions, but this year I do have two goals....to do better about living in the moment and most importantly, to remember why I am really here. The Lord created all of us and put us here on Earth to lead others to Him, yet there are so many days when I spend all of my time doing everything for everyone else and I realize that I have left no time in my day for God. I can't imagine how that makes Him feel. So, I vow to make HIM a priority this year. Because no matter how beautiful life can be, there will always be hard times and dark hours. Times when I know that there's no way I can get through without finding refuge in his everlasting love and strength. And, it's in those hard times that I am reminded, more than ever, that this is just our Temporary Home. I love this song, because it's such a great reminder why we are really here. This is just a stop on the way to where we are going. I hope to make my stop here worthy of an eternity with our Heavenly Father!

2 comments:

Meg said...

How did you get a video to load? Love it!

Jennifer said...

I love that song. It had me bawling in the car a few weeks ago!