Part II of my little blood pressure scare on Monday--I called my doctor to report my BP numbers to her and the nurse told me to come over to Jackson immediately. Luckily, by the time I got to the clinic, my BP had gone down a good bit. My heart rate was still elevated, so my doctor called the cardiologist and they discussed the results from the heart monitor that I wore last week. The monitor did show some atrial and sinus tachycardia, so the doctor increased the heart medicine to try to slow my heart rate down even more. The doctor didn't say anything about bed rest yet, but she said to go home and put my feet up and try to rest as much as possible. I am trying to continue to drink lots of water and limit my salt intake. Limiting salt is easier said than done. Everything in the South has salt in it...and lots of it!
Colin's grandmother and I have tickets to go see Paula Deen on Saturday in Jackson, so I'm trying to rest up until then. Maybe I can get my picture made with Paula...especially since Colin calls me "Little Paula D." As Paula says...."one stick of butter or two?" No wonder her food is so dang good!
2 comments:
Take it easy and try to relax as much as possible these last few months because once that precious little girl is here you'll be busy, busy, busy!
Thanks for the words of wisdom...too bad you can't bank your sleep. HA!
Post a Comment