Thursday, July 19, 2007

Five Wonderful Years


Colin and I will celebrate five years of marriage tomorrow. We have been together almost ten years total. Wow! Time flies when you are having fun. It's easy to get into a daily routine sometimes and forget how blessed you are to have a loving family. However, truth be known, there isn't a one single night that I don't lay my head down on my pillow and thank God for Addison and Colin. Colin is a wonderful father, which is evident from the way that Addison looks at him. When he's not at home, she'll say, "Da" or "DaDa" and put her arms up and look around like she's asking where he is. It's so sweet. I am truly a lucky girl! Addison caught my nasty cold and she's been sick for the past couple of days. Luckily, the doctor called her in some medicine and I am hoping it will start to dry things up soon. She has been very pitiful---whiny, clingy and can't make up her mind if she wants to be held or on the floor to play. I stayed home with her yesterday and she was pretty hilarious despite being sick. Her new thing is climbing! Yes, we are in for it. She keeps climbing up in the small rocking chairs and standing up, tries to climb on top of the coffee table or into the bathtub, and climbs over into the toy box and gets stuck. She also started mocking me yesterday. When I tell her "no," I always point my finger for emphasis (something I didn't even realize that I do). Yesterday, when I told her "no," she turned around and pointed her finger at me. I couldn't help but laugh. She's also learning how to put her finger up and show that she's one-year-old. You can tell we are gearing up for her birthday next month. They certainly grow up fast. In honor of our anniversary, I've posted a couple of wedding pics. Happy Anniversary, sweetheart!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you guys enjoy your special day!

Amy said...

Congrats on your big day! I hope y'all have a great time!

AMANDA said...

my how time flys.... happy anniversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

5 years! With him? Amazing.